Cyber security has become a hot topic for companies in need of IT services in Los Angeles. Whether you are a small or medium-size business, choosing the ...
Security Corner – Cyber Liability: What You Need to Know
Image courtesy of Renjith Krishnan at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
To be blunt, your IT guy MUST carry cyber liability coverage. If he doesn’t, he is exposing your businesses to potentially catastrophic cyber threats.
With cyber liability coverage, sophisticated computer systems get the following protections:
- Privacy Liability Protects personal health and identity information.
- Privacy Breach Notification Covers costs incurred when notifying those who’s security has been breached.
- Forensic Expense Protection Pays for the necessary security expert to analyze a data breach.
- Crisis Management Coverage Takes care of expenses related to hiring a Public Relations expert.
- Regulatory Defense/Penalties Protection Covers any expenses related to claims and penalties incurred due to violation of Privacy Law.
Your IT professional is not the only one who should have this coverage…you should as well. As a business owner, you must protect yourself from everyday mishaps such as employee errors, lost or stolen unencrypted laptops, mobile devices and the occasional employee that goes astray.
DCG Technical Solutions offers Cyber Liability Insurance to the Greater Los Angeles Area for up to $1,000,000. Please contact us with any questions you have about the protection of your cyber business.
About Dyan James
Dyan has been researching, writing, copyediting, and proofreading articles across a variety of industries since 1998. She further developed her interest and talent for covering technology while working with the guys at DCG Technical Solutions, Inc. Whether writing from scratch, copyediting or simply polishing, Dyan has mastered the art of turning rough copy or a plain idea into an eloquently written piece.