Technology has long played a critical role in the work of accountants. Some of the oldest relics of human civilization dating back more than 7,000 years ...
IT Talk – Nine Steps of a PC Tune-Up.
Just like an automobile, a computer requires regular cleanup and maintenance in order to continue performing as it should. As a part of our St. Bernard Managed Care service, these tasks are taken care of regularly, automatically and behind-the scenes. For those of you who are responsible for the well-being of your own machine, take a look at the following list of items to take care of on a fairly routine basis.
Nine Steps of a PC Tune-up:
- Update Microsoft patches and Service Packs.
- Verify your antivirus software is up to date and running properly.
- Verify drive space availability.
- Clear temp files and downloaded programs files.
- Verify backup program / activity status. (Automated on Server Only)
- Update web browser packs.
- Clean & delete un-associated user files.
- Schedule disk defrag. (Automated on Server Only)
- Install and run adware and spyware removal software.
Visit our small business IT support website to learn what kind of coverage we can provide for you.
About Brent Whitfield
Brent Whitfield is CEO of DCG Technical Solutions, Inc., which provides IT Support in the Los Angeles area since 1993. DCG exists to help our clients choose, implement, and manage IT and cloud solutions that are cost effective and reliable. DCG's pro-active approach to IT is ideally suited for companies who depend on reliable IT infrastructure, but don't want to spend a lot of money to keep it that way. DCG was recognized among the Top 10 Fastest Growing MSPs in North America by MSP Mentor. Brent has been featured in Fast Company, CNBC, Network Computing, Reuters, and Yahoo Business.